Sunday, July 13, 2008

A summer steal.

This weekend was fairly quiet. Yesterday I got up on the early side and commenced to working on my to-do list, writing wedding gift thank you notes and, of course, knitting!

I whipped up my own little contribution to something new, something blue for the wedding:


Pattern: Eloping from Knitty Summer 2008

Yarn: Lily Chin's Times Square

Needles: US 3's

Verdict: It's a pretty easy pattern that only took me an hour or two to finish. It will be the perfect addition to my wedding ensemble - something new and something blue (and even a little sparkley!)

Last night we decided to have a date night. We found a local movie theatre and headed to a showing of Get Smart. It wasn't much like the original, but it was still pretty funny. I love Steve Carrell and Anne Hathaway made a pretty decent 99. After dinner we grabbed some Thai food and did a little shopping for gifts for the wedding party.

Today I slept in a little. When I woke up there was a brand new bike in front of the couch and Wes was grinning a little sheepishly. Apparently this one was marked down a little and seemed like a good deal, so it's mine. So I got dressed and we headed out for a short ride. It's been YEARS since I've been on a bike and apparently the stationary bike at the gym isn't a good approximation. After 2 miles I was tired and after 4 (well we had to get home!) I was downright exhausted.

Then we headed out for a bit more shopping and some lunch. Wes had suggested that we try to get some off season deals on 3-in-1 winter coats, to be used on our honeymoon in Alaska. We managed to get a total steal on one for me - a Columbia jacket with a great removable fleece liner for only $75! (Then I came home and found one online for him for $100.)

Tonight was a simple dinner and some relaxing in front of the TV. I did manage to get photographs today of another knit I completed this week:


Pattern: Knit Impressionism by Kennita Tully from Creative Knitting, July 2008

Yarn: Tahki New Tweed

Needles: US 8's and 9's

The Verdict: This is a sweet, easy to knit cardigan for summer. The hem and waist detailing give it nice shaping without increasing/decreasing. The yarn is super soft and gives a real mock tweed look - I'm dying to try it again in a burgundy colorway. This is a sample that's off to LA tomorrow! The designer, Kennita also owns a yarn shop, Wildflower, in Manhattan, KS (where my in-laws are) that I love to visit.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger YarnDork said...

Alaska? You never mentioned Alaska! What fun. Good job on the FO's too. Missed you on Saturday, but we saved you some.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home