Thursday, June 26, 2008

A tribute to my own personal hero.

Since moving to Kansas City, I have met some wonderful people. One of the first to welcome me here was my dear friend PlazaJen. Now Miss Jen has many redeeming qualities - we enjoy a rollicking good time together with knitting, liquor and tasty desserts frequently! But one of her most endearing traits (at least to me) is that she gets all twitchy at the improper use of grammar and unchecked typographical errors. As an armchair grammarian myself (as opposed to those professional copy editors and advertising experts I know), this delights me to no end.

The grammar and typographical discussion reared it's ugly head a few weeks ago when Miss Jen spotted this billboard. Not only did she take a picture of the board and post it, she picked up the phone and called the company to report it!

Lo and behold, she had reason to get twitchy just a few days later. And this time she even KNEW someone over in the marketing department. He was grateful to learn of the error and noted that it was both corporate and in national release and that he'd be passing it on to the corporate officers.

See? She's correcting the world... one error at a time!

P.S. If you want to see how stupid people can be, join the "This is Broken" group at Flickr. Just make sure to take your twitch medication before you do it.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger YarnDork said...

That flickr group is funny. Thanks for posting the link to it.

7:29 PM  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

I'm honored, I'm honored!

I keep hearing the word "FAIL" when I look at that Flickr pool. :)

8:46 AM  
Blogger Elysbeth said...

That's funny!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home