Sunday, June 29, 2008

Nothing says summer like potato salad.


What do you do when you have about a dozen red and small russet potatoes and a lot of fresh dill? Why make potato salad of course!

This weekend I experimented with what I had in the kitchen and whipped up some potato salad from scratch. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of it (the one above is borrowed) but it was extra special tasty!

I started with boiling about half a dozen red potatoes and half a dozen small russets. I also threw an egg in the water to boil as well. (next time I think I would use two, but I only had one in the fridge!) After they had boiled for approximately 30 minutes and the potatoes were fork tender, I put everything in a ceramic bowl in the fridge to cool for an hour.

After an hour I pulled everything out of the fridge and started assembling. I cubed the potatoes, smashed the yoke of the hard-boiled egg, and diced the white part. Then I chopped several stalks of celery and got a few small handfuls of fresh dill. I added a few teaspoons of Dijon mustard, several tablespoons of Miracle Whip (sorry for the lack of measurements - I was going by taste and look!), and finally a sprinkle of garlic salt and pepper. Then the whole thing went back into the fridge for another hour or two.

It was delicious - even more so today as the dill had time to infuse the leftovers! Enjoy!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Stale Peeps said...

Yum! I have a bag of potatoes and that sounds delish! Sounds like you are enjoying your summer :)

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home