Thursday, October 04, 2007

Pimping out my friends.


I guess I have to use the term "friend" loosely, because I've only met Crazy Aunt Pearl aka Laurie once (at Stitch & Pitch), but since I read her blog every day, and we're all knitters and friendly like, maybe it works. That said, I'm going to sing her praises today.

Just yesterday, I received my copy of her new book Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair. I've been waiting eagerly for it since she announced it (I pre-ordered early this summer!) and I was not disappointed. I read the entire book yesterday cover to cover and I loved it. Laurie is sweet, funny, human and entirely touching in this book. I've never been married (and hence never divorced) but this book was a wonderful read. I cried in places and laughed aloud in places and thoroughly enjoyed myself.

For you Los Angelinos, she's going to be at the Barnes & Noble at the Grove next Thursday night at 7:30 doing a talk and signing books. For those that don't - pick up a copy and enjoy!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger crazyauntpurl said...

Oh, thank you so much for the kind words. Thank you.

And I am so looking forward to seeing you next week!

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home