Sunday, September 30, 2007

Starting to Jaywalk.


It simply CANNOT already be October 1 and Monday AGAIN. I just don't know where the time goes!

This was a pretty good weekend. Friday night, the weekend kicked off with a Bad Girls Knitting Night at the LYS. There was liquor, munchies and lots of knitting. I had a great time! And no some yarn did not jump into my hands.... not even a little bit (well ok I bought a few things for my secret pal, but that's it!)

Saturday my mom and I met up to do some wedding planning. I think I found the dress I want. We visited two stores and I found two dresses, both of which are vastly different from each other, but upon reflection last night, one of them is the one I see myself in on my wedding day. All of a sudden it's starting to get very real. I'm getting married!!! I'm not going to post pictures here because I want to think about it some more, and also because I want the pictures I post to be of me in the dress on my wedding day. Guess you'll all just have to hold out.

Saturday night was movie night with my honey. Poor guy has been working out like crazy to train for a half marathon in Kansas City in a few weeks, and he had run 13 miles earlier in the day so he was a bit tired, but we had a good "date night" anyway.

Today was chores: laundry, starting to weed out the junk in my place (I think my stuff has sex and multiplies when I'm not looking!), and back up my computer. I also managed to watch the second season of Weeds on DVD which was fantastic! Mary Louise Parker is excellent and the writers really come up with some great stuff.

Finally, there was knitting. The title comes from my new project, Grumperina's Jaywalkers, which is coming along nicely. I had a few balls of Koigu left over from a different project and this seemed like a stripey way to go! I also put in some time on a baby blanket I'm working on. Unfortunately I'm a little stalled on the dress I'm working on. I got all the way up to where the arm shaping comes in (working from the hem line upwards) but the decreasing in pattern isn't working at all, so I'm contemplating it while I work on the other projects that ARE working. Sound like procrastination anyone?

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ambaa said...

I've just started a pair of jaywalkers myself! You know, there's another sock knitting KAL you can join, Southern Summer of Socks, it gives you until the end of March to knit socks. :)

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home