Monday, September 24, 2007

Not my family.


A few months ago I received an email in my Gmail inbox. I thought it was spam, but actually it appeared that someone had mis-emailed me, when intending to email another family member. I was one of many who received the email, and decided to ignore it, as it wasn't meant for me. BIG MISTAKE.

Within a few weeks I had an inbox full of replies to this mass email - all of them discussing Aunt Pearl's surgery, the twins, etc. Finally I got up the gumption to reply to all and let them know that they had reached me by mistake. I felt guilty for having let it go on so long, and really wanted them to know that they weren't reaching whoever they intended to reach.

Well now it has been several more weeks. I never did get a reply to my email, and yet my inbox still fills up with emails from this family. And now it's just getting to be sort of a pain because as much as I hope that Aunt Pearl fully recovers, I'm not really interested in being in on everything going on in this family.

Clearly someone somewhere is having a good laugh over this.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ambaa said...

Oh dear. Now I'm trying to think of solutions. Can you tag them to go directly to spam folders...? Oh, or even better, can you start emailing back chatting about weird and random stuff from your own life or family and freak them out???

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home