Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Difference Between Girls and Boys.


This morning I got this:

Dear Laura:

Tomorrow, I plan to go to the Men's Wearhouse, but I need to know the color tie and cummerbund you'd like me to get as a first choice. Was it white? Ivory?

Love,
Dad


I sent this back:

Dad:

Ivory. :) If you want to match the groomsmen they got something called Tuscany Bisque.

Love,
Laura


Dad replied:

Hey, I'm a guy. Guys don't recognize colors like "Tuscany Bisque". (Ask Wes if you don't believe me.) We only know seven colors: red, green, blue, orange, yellow, purple and brown. Oh, yeah, and the non-colors: black and white. But, because I love you, I will go to the Men's Wearhouse, screw up my courage, and ask with my best straight face whether they have "Tuscany Bisque"!

I forwarded this response to Wes and this is what I got back:

Hey I thought bisque was a soup.

Duly forwarded to Dad. His response:

Told ya!

Men: 2, Woman: Hey they're wearing it aren't they?

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennittah said...

lol! :)

aren't weddings fun. ;)

8:53 AM  
Blogger Lynda the Guppy said...

LOLOL There's a book by Linda Howard called "Open Season" and there's a running bit in there about how you can tell if a guy is gay by whether or not they know what color puce is. And there's also some discussion about mauve. LOLOL.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Stale Peeps said...

Hilarious! Jerry and I giggled over this one :)

7:03 PM  
Blogger The Sexy Knitter said...

This story was even funnier in person! I think you were gaining momentum as the night went on. : )

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home