Saturday, June 14, 2008

WWKIP


I bet you didn't know this, but today was World Wide Knit in Public Day. Now if you're like me, you never let anything get in the way of knitting in public. (Yes I have been known to actually knit in movie theaters, while waiting on lines, on my lunch hour, and basically anywhere else you can think of!) But who am I to stand in the way of a day where we can all go knit together?


This morning I took Wes to the airport (he's gone on business for a week) and then headed to the Plaza where a group of KC knitters and crocheters gathered to knit near the J.C. Nichols Fountain. We brought chairs, blankets, water and snacks, and gathered in the shade and knit outdoors for a few hours later. The weather cooperated by being warm, but not too hot in the shade and even though some of us are a little pink tonight, we all had a great time. Teri graciously took some photos of us knitting - these are some of my KC knitting buddies. (From left to right: Mary, Tanya, Carmen, Jenny and me.)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home