Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Update Part III: The Knits

While I was away I got quite a bit of knitting done. I brought four projects: of those, I finished two and made considerable progress on the third.


KNIT NUMBER 1:

The Pattern: Smocked Tee from Knit.1 Magazine

The Yarn: Vickie Howell Rock (7 balls black) and Trendsetter Tonalita (1 ball, color of your choice!)

The Needles: US 6's and 7's




The Verdict: This was a sample for A Mano, and was a fun little knit. Honestly it's not quite my style, but it looks great on Annette (one of the LYS owners) and it's a cute knit to display on their table. As for the yarns, I LOVE Tonalita. Rock was a little harder to work with because the hemp tends to shed - I hope that will abate with wear. I love the detailing on the back of this - both the pleat and the seed stitch really set off the top.


KNIT NUMBER 2:

The Pattern: Grumperina's Picovoli (Can't get enough of this pattern!)

The Yarn: Frogtree Cotton and Silk

The Needles: US 5's

The Verdict: I LOVE this top and have already worn it twice - and I just finished it last Wednesday! This was an easy knit and the yarn is fabulous - so soft and cool. This will be a great summer top and I can't wait to wear it more!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Looks great! Yeah, the hemp sheds less after being washed. The lengths we'll go to to be eco- friendly, right? xo, Vickie

7:47 AM  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

That tank looks awesome on you. Dude, I just realized I'm posting a comment right under :the: Vickie Howell!!!!!!

12:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home