Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Update Part I: I visited 5 states yesterday, did you?

I'm going to break this mongo update into parts since I have so much to share and plenty of photos to accompany. So hold on to your readers folks... away we go!

Yesterday I visited 5 states, did you? I had a great time in California this past week (more in subsequent posts) but coming home was a wee bit of a nightmare. Wes and I were set to come home on Sunday afternoon. However, when I booked our flights I was unable to get us on flights together. I managed to get Wes the last seat on the direct flight back to Kansas City, but I ended up with a connecting flight to Milwaukee.

Come Sunday night, storms were raging throughout the midwest and Wes was stuck in Omaha and I wasn't budging from Milwaukee. Luckily Wes managed to get home on Sunday. I was stuck in the airport until they canceled my flight (at 1am no less) and told me they couldn't get me home until Tuesday evening.

I managed to find a hotel room by 3am and hooked up with a Professor in the airport who knew people from USC - we ended up renting a car and driving home together. Yesterday we drove through Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Missouri and Kansas. And he had to drive back to Nebraska after that!

Remind me to stop flying places in the very near future.

So now I'm home, doing laundry and cooking and cleaning, hoping for some jobs this week, working on my wedding to do list and knitting (of course!).

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger PlazaJen said...

Gah! dreadful!

Off to read the other installments, which just from the pics, look fun! Glad you made it home in one piece at least!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home