Monday, May 26, 2008

Holiday Weekend - Parte Deux


For the rest of the Holiday weekend Wes and I have been relaxing and enjoying ourselves. Yesterday we got a late start and decided to take the bike out and explore around the area. We went about 25 or 30 miles due south to visit the Louisburg Lake and scout out kayaking opportunities.


Since it was Memorial Day weekend there were plenty of campers down at this quiet little fishing lake, but it was still beautiful. By the time we got there, the sky was almost cloudless and a really pretty blue (of course on the way there Wes and I got caught under the ONE raincloud in the entire blue sky!) The day was gorgeous - warm and humid, but not too hot in the shade. It was a totally peaceful ride out and back.

Then we hit up a new restaurant (new to us that is), Amor de Brazil. It is a Brazilian churrascaria. Basically you come in and visit the salad bar and then you have your choice of 15 cuts of meat. Gauchos wander in and out of the dining rooms with fresh meat on the rotisserie spits, just waiting to cut slices for you. We tried leg of lamb, top sirloin, chicken wrapped in bacon, pork loin and a few others. There were also amazing sides - garlic mashed potatoes, polenta, lightly fried bananas, cheese bread and grilled cinnamon spiced pineapple. It was absolutely amazing. It's a little on the pricey side, but if you're up for a treat, you should check this out!


Lastly, I finished the tank I've been working on. The inspiration from this came from the wonderful colors of SWTC's Tofutsies yarn. I've been wanting to make myself a tank top out of it for quite a while. When I was A Mano in April I mentioned that and they suggested I make a sample!

The Pattern: I loosely based this on Grumperina's Picovoli - but once I got the original stitch count going, I kind of worked it on my own.

The Yarn: SWTC's Tofutsies in Colorway 728

The Needles: Addi US 2's

The Verdict: This is a beautiful summer tank that took only 1 1/3 balls of Tofutsies. A steal, PLUS a pair of socks with your leftovers! I love this and can't wait to remake it for me!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger PlazaJen said...

Mmmmm, meat. We'll have to try out that one - it's closer to us, but we did go to a similar one up north (Em Chamas) and it was a protein extravaganzaaaaaah!
The tank turned out super cute! You BLAZED away on it, too!

7:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home