Thursday, May 15, 2008

Knotty News

So I've been doing a lot of knitting in the past few days. I have a feeling it might correspond with not working, but since I really should be doing more of the latter, I'll just enjoy this for a bit! I managed to finish off a few projects that have been on the needles for a few weeks.

The first are Zombie Socks for my dear Light:


The Pattern: Zombie Socks

The Yarn: SWTC Pure, 100% Soysilk for those allergic to any animal fibers!

The Needles: Size 0's

The Verdict: This one was a little bit of a frustrating knit. I needed to use something yummy, but with no animal fiber because my dear Light is very allergic. I LOVE the Pure - it's so silky soft, but it's not exactly the right gauge for socks. After a few false starts, and a little guidance from my friendly LYS maven I was on my way. I like how they came out and I can't wait to see how they fit on Light's feetsies!

The second project I have had on the needles is a sweet little summer tee for A Mano:


The Pattern: Textured Tee from Knitscene, Summer 2008

The Yarn: Tahki Cotton Classic, Mint Green

The Needles: US 6

The Verdict: This was a fast, easy knit with great results. It mixes seed stitch and what it calls a broken stitch and it's a nice cool summer tee. I hope the yarn shop likes it.


The final project I've been working on is the sock I'm test knitting for CookieA. It's called Ornette after the jazz musician and I'm loving the sock. This particular picture doesn't display the true color of the yarn I'm using, but it does show the awesome stitches. Can't wait to finish this one!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger PlazaJen said...

I think my head exploded a little bit, looking at that sock! Can't wait to see it in person!

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home