Monday, April 28, 2008

The wonderful thing about Tiggers....

One of my very good friends in LA is about to have a baby. Well ok, it's probably his wife about to have a baby, but that's just semantics, right?

Anyway, they're due to have a little boy in August. I've been dying to knit a baby blanket for them since I found out she was pregnant in January, and was waiting to see whether it was a boy or a girl to determine if it was to be a Hello Kitty blanket (yes it's THAT friend) or a Winnie the Pooh Blanket. Since it's a boy, Pooh wins out. So I'm designing a 9-patch blanket in 4 colors (red, green, yellow and blue) and four characters (Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore).

Now you would think that Disney would see the opportunity out there (thousands upon thousands of knitters) and sell patterns, but apparently they just want you to buy their finished goods. So I've played with some charts, and consulted some charting experts and come up with a few designs of my very own. I finished my first block tonight. Does it remind you of anything?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home