Thursday, May 01, 2008

The Siren Song of .... well.... Sirens.


Howdy folks. I'm sitting here while the tornado sirens wail, the lightening flashes, the thunder rolls and the rain pours down. What we have here is a good old fashioned midwestern electrical storm and (minus the tornadoes) I'm kind of enjoying it. I really don't have tons to report since life is crazy on a variety of fronts.

The past two days I've made negative progress on knitting - that is I've knit and I've tinked back and I've knit and I've frogged. More than once on the same pair of socks. It's frustrating and maddening. I love being a knitter but I hate that I keep having to rip, especially now that my time is much more limited.

The job is getting better. Slowly I'm starting to learn more and get things better organized. I don't know yet whether or not it will be a good permanent fit, but for now it's a good source of steady income.

Lastly, I seem to have fallen into a slight Facebook addiction. Man some of those applications are EVIL but fun. They also make the day go by faster when things get slow at the job.

More news and pictures when I get something fit to print (we're kayaking this weekend and there should be birthday pics soon too - Cinco De Mayo is Monday BABY!)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger PlazaJen said...

Paaaaaack rat
Paaaaaack rat

don't you hear its siren song, almost hourly?

paaaaaaack rat.... ;)

7:58 AM  
Blogger e said...

Hey, I was just reading about the storm that hit you, came here to check and see if things are okay. Good to know you're safe! Enjoy the light show! :D

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home