Monday, May 05, 2008

three-oh


Today I turn the big three-oh. We can quibble about whether or not the new decade starts at 30 or 31, however, what is clear is that I'm no longer a twenty-something. Surprisingly enough, I'm ok with this.

When I turned 25 a few years ago I had a profund sense of disappointment. I was disappointed I hadn't done MORE since college, and that I still had no idea who or what I wanted to be when I grew up. Sure I started having more fun by my 25th, but I still felt so incomplete and unfinished.

At 30, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. But this has already been such a great year, and promises to be even better in the coming months. In August I'm going to marry my best friend and the love of my life, and we're going to take a blissful week-long honeymoon. We've already started living together this year, and begun what I hope will be a long, happy life together. Today I don't feel unfinished, I feel complete and happy.

And thankful. I'm so thankful for so many things this year: my wonderful fiance, my family, my new soon-to-be family, my friends (both the gang on the West Coast and the wonderful Midwesterners who have adopted me here), for a roof over my head, and food to eat, and of course, last but DEFINITELY not least, for yarn.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Happy Birthday, my fellow Taurean! Having just left my thirties behind, I leave them to you with hearty good wishes for a lovely decade.

10:39 AM  
Blogger e said...

Happy Birthday! :D

11:23 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Happy birthday!

11:43 AM  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

Happy Birthday! As one of your adoptive Midwestern people, I'm glad you're here!

12:56 PM  
Blogger Azeem Jiva said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 30s :)

12:57 PM  
Blogger Stale Peeps said...

Happy Birthday Laura! Enjoy you big three-oh!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home