Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Happy Feet!

Tonight I finished my very first Jaywalkers! It was a great pattern - fun to knit, and I kept myself entertained by striping in lovely orchid and seafoam Koigu. I modified the pattern a bit - most sock patterns are just TOO DARN BIG on me, so I keep cheating and sneaking stitches out at the edges or in the instep.



Of course, since I finished one pair and this is Socktoberfest, I had to start a new pair. I'm using some beautiful Merino yarn that I purchased from Yarn Ahoy ages ago. The colorway is Kashmiri Flower Market and it's really beautiful. I wish the merino were just a bit softer, but I'm going to bet that once I wash them they'll soften up a little. I'm using Nancy Bush's Friday Harbor Socks from her book Knitting on the Road. It's a cute pattern and my first with charts.

Also up on deck for finishing this week: the Modern Quilt Wrap.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ambaa said...

Cute socks! Congratulations on finishing them.

9:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home