Thursday, April 28, 2005

Just watching the news....

and learning about "Roofcrush". We're all going to die in our SUV's when they roll.

In other news, I'm peeved. Months ago I wrote about how the State of California is holding some money for me. I could only surmise, given the source, that the money was some settlement of my employment from summers ago at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in beautiful Redondo Beach (where the night manager whose name was Ronnie Redondo used to greet guests by saying "My name's Ronnie, welcome to my beach!")

But I digress. When I found out around the first of the year that the state was holding money for me, I dutifully filled out my paperwork and sent it off. Well haha. The joke is on me. The State of California is now holding my money FROM me. Now they're requiring I provide proof of association with the organization. Yes folks, that would be my W2s or paystubs from 1998 or 1999! Yeah, I just keep those laying around. They also want old utility bills proving I lived at my parent's house. Too bad the utility bills are in my parents' names. Easy as pie.

That said, I had an enjoyable evening of movies and knitting. It is almost weekend, and almost the end of the term. I'm counting down the hours to each!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home