Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Stupid Substitute Tricks

I was reminded tonight of stupid tricks that we used to play on Substitute Teachers in elementary school and middle school. Now I relate this story with some slight feelings of regret, both because I have friends who are now or have been substitute teachers and because in part it constitutes cruelty to old people.

So here's one for the memory books:

In 7th grade, we harassed a particularly difficult substitute teacher by humming in unison for approximately 10-15 minutes one morning. This had the desired effect of her thinking the batteries in her hearing aids were dying, and she commenced to banging them on the desktop. Unfortunately this encouraged us further. I think we drove her darn near batty that day.

Now why did this come to mind? Because my first class tonight was exceedingly boring and I wondered how we might get the professor to stop. He wasn't wearing hearing aids.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home