Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The Secret Garden

I know that I rarely post so close together any more, but I've been on a finishing kick lately and I absolutely love my latest project. I can't stop staring at it. Without further ado:


The Pattern: Secret Garden Shawl

The Yarn: Luxe from The Unique Sheep, Gradience, Deep Waters

The Needles: US 6 and US 8

The Verdict: This was a Knit-a-Long with the pattern release in installments, so I've been working on this since mid-July. The yarn arrived early and we worked each section of the pattern, doubling the size every so often, until the circle grew huge. The last section of the pattern actually added half the size and used half the yarn of the entire shawl. I finally finished this late last night and sat down to block tonight. Wes laughed as I played with the pins (one in each of the 250+ loops), but the result is amazing. What was once a few skeins of yarn, and then a growing lump of an object is a beautiful lace shawl with an amazing pattern. I know I'll be treasuring this one for a long time to come.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Chery said...

I'm waiting for my yarn to arrive, Knitpicks Gloss Sock in Winter Night. Your shawl is beautiful. I want to see it in person.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Ha! I was just going to tell Chery about your shawl! It's beautiful! Your lace rocks!

10:15 AM  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

Gorgeous!!! I'm going to push myself to finish one of my lace projects - I forget how much fun it is to see it stretch into something gorgeous!

7:09 AM  
Blogger Yarny Days said...

This is beautiful! Crazy amount of work for sure. So gorgeous.

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home