Sunday, July 05, 2009

Independence Day


This weekend we headed down to my in-laws' place to celebrate the holiday. We started out by making Friday a lazy morning, and headed out early afternoon. After purchasing a new kayak for Wes, we drove over to Manhattan, Kansas.

On the way there, Wes suggested that we stop in Wamego, a town best known for housing THE Wizard of Oz Museum. Thought we didn't tour the museum, we visited the yarn shop a few doors down, Settler's Farm. I'm trying not to buy but I did come away with a few goodies. We also visited the Oz Winery. We got to taste a few wines and came home with a citrusy white, "Witch Gone Good," and two bottles of an excellent port, "Lion's Courage."


On Saturday we waited out the clouds and mid-morning headed over to Millford lake to take the boat out. We cruised through several coves, and boated around Mrs. Goose Island, where Wes and my MIL were itching to climb aboard and search for a geocache (they went back this morning and nabbed it!). Although it was cloudy, the water and the day were warm and it was a fun ride.


Towards the end Wes decided to give the new kayak a run. I stuck with letting the motorboat do the work!

After the lake we headed out for some BBQ. Then we hung out at home until late in the evening when we set off fireworks and became mosquito food.

Now we're home and conquering Mt. Laundry. I'm knitting and trying to get a handle on my unfinished works in progress. I could use another day of vacation... how about you?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home