Sunday, June 14, 2009

English Lace

Unfortunately this past week I came down with the cold from hell (thank you airplane rides!) and even took a few days off of work. The upside to this is that when I wasn't sleeping or blowing my nose, I did have some extra knitting time. Lately I've been on a shawl and lace kick, and I was able to finish a shawl this weekend!


The Pattern: English Lace Shawl

The Yarn: Cascade Heritage Handpaints, Hollyberry

The Needles: US 6's

The Verdict: This shawl came out quite a bit wider and not as long as I had anticipated. I still love it, however, and in the dark colors I anticipate wearing it quite a bit. The pattern was easy and the lace adds just the right touch of pattern and difficulty to the piece.

Here's a closeup of the lace:

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Christine said...

absolutely gorgeous!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home