Monday, May 04, 2009

Montego Bay


Sometimes when you see a skein of yarn, you just know what it wants to be. That's how it was when I bought this beautiful skein of Pagewood Farm Glacier in the Bird of Paradise Colorway. I'm not normally a green person, but this yarn, with its teal and yellow flashes just HAD to come home with me.


I had just seen my friends PlazaJen and Beth (not the l'il sis) wear their beautiful Montego Bay scarves, and I was hooked on the braided fringe. And how could a tropical sounding yarn not become a scarf named for a tropical island? I love it! (Although I wish I could head to a tropical island about now...)


The Pattern: Montego Bay by Amy Singer

The Needles: US 8's

The Yarn: Pagewood Farm Glacier in Bird of Paradise

The Verdict: This was a pleasure to knit. The pattern was simple, fairly easily memorized and addictive. The fringe makes the scarf and is even worth the time it takes to braid and trim the ends! I love the colors in this scarf and the yarn was a pleasure to knit with!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home