Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008, hello 2009!


As I went through my blogroll today, I saw many people who were announcing how glad they were that 2008 is coming to a close. Sure I have high hopes for 2009. I could use a new job. I hope the economy improves. But we have achieved so many wonderful things in 2008. This has been a good year.

Wes and I finally got to live together this year. We celebrated my 30th birthday together. In August we embarked on this journey called marriage and enjoyed a fabulous Alaskan honeymoon. I picked up and moved cross country and, to my delight, it has been a wonderful experience. I miss all my friends back home, but I've met so many wonderful new people here and I'm really and truly happy.

On a more macro level, the world sustained quite a few hardships this year. We pursued wars on various fronts, we watched our home economy take a nose dive and we watched the mortgage industry collapse. But we also lived through a historic first - we elected the first black man to be the President of the United States.

For me, this has been a good year. I wish you all happiness, health and prosperity in the new year. I hope 2009 is even better than 2008!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home