Saturday, October 04, 2008

Finis!

The last few weeks I've had a lot of projects on the needles and not much completed work to show. Well, last night I impressed even myself by finishing not one but two projects! Don't worry, there are many, many more in the wings, but I thought I'd share these two.


The Pattern: Diamondback Shrug, by Sarah Wilson

The Needles: US 7's

The Yarn: Malabrigo Seleccion Privada, 3.5 skeins

The Verdict: This was a fun knit. You start with the back in a log cabin square and progressively add on. I'm not 100% behind the yarn colorway, but the Malabrigo was fabulous to work with. I think if I make one of these for myself (and I probably will!) I'll stick with a semi-solid color. This baby is destined for A Mano!


The Pattern: Clapotis (freebie on Knitty!)

The Needles: US 6's

The Yarn: Trekking Hand Paints

The Verdict: I love this pattern. It's fairly mindless, a quick knit and looks so classic and elegant. Other than the great yarn debacle, this was a pleasure to knit. It's now en route to a friend in Seattle. I hope she enjoys it!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennittah said...

I'm really thinking about that diamond back sweater... how do you like it on?

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home