Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Knitting Crisis


I know you're thinking I'm being overdramatic here, but here goes.

You remember the other day when I mentioned that I had a ball of yarn that could not, WOULD not become a pair of socks? Well I've been sailing right through the scarf I'm making with it, except it's only about half done and I have only a small amount of the ball left. Ruh-Roh.

So late last week I started looking into where I might find more yarn to match mine. The original ball was purchased at MisKnits and the store is sold out of this colorway. I checked another local spot, The Studio and found a ball of yarn but, to my dismay, it is no where near the same dye lot and looks very different. I then turned to my old pal Ravelry to see if I could find one there. What do you know? There's a ball that LOOKS like mine and is even for sale! Except that I emailed the woman about it and I haven't heard back and it's been several days already. And I MIGHT be getting a little panicky. See if I don't find another ball the same color my options are:

1. leave it ridiculously short
2. start with the new color and have the two halves look completely different
3. rip out what I have done and start again, alternating yarn every few rows

As you can guess, I'm not pleased with these options. Enter The Loopy Ewe. Last night PlazaJen suggested I email Sheri and try to purchase a skein similar to mine in coloring. When I got home last night, around 9pm I did just that. And she replied IMMEDIATELY. By 9:15 she had already pulled out her stock, let me know what she had and told me I could purchase one and return it if it wasn't what I needed! How's that for service?!? I slept on it overnight and decided to give it a try today. And I may have just bought a few little goodies for me. And I definitely just found my new favorite online yarn source!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

Welcome :)make yourself at home. You had to know I was addicted for a reason :)

1:21 PM  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

That PlazaJen. She's so Raven. I mean, smart.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home