Monday, April 14, 2008

How do you pronounce these?

Today I finally finished my Pomatomus socks (it rhymes with Hippopotamus) and I am so in love with them I can't stand it. Without further ado, the pics and the specs:


The Pattern: Pomatomus by Cookie A. (found on Knitty.com)

The Yarn: Dream in Color Smooshy in Blue Lagoon from MisKnits.

The Needles: Magic Loop on US 2's

The Verdict: I LOVE LOVE LOVE these socks. The pattern itself is quite difficult but I love the interlocking crescents and the fish-scale look they create. (Which is quite odd considering that I hate fish!) The yarn was a little splitty and left my hands a little blue (note to self: remember to wash these by themselves for the first try) but I absolutely love the subtle blue/teal/green variation in the color. It gives the socks even more depth. I will definitely knit this pattern again - almost immediately in fact since I have a skein of yarn that will make beautiful socks for a friend who's birthday is next month!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Stale Peeps said...

They are awesome! I love the color and you did a great job. That Cookie A sure designs a heckuva sock, doesn't she?

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home