Saturday, March 29, 2008

Geocaching Saturday


Despite the fact that it's not quite warm enough yet here, it is officially spring, and Wes and I decided to celebrate that fact by exploring Kansas City a little and geocaching today. We headed out to try and find a number of caches in the Olathe Park series. In general the parks in Olathe were different than the park caches that we did in LA. I think it's for a couple of reasons. First, I knew a lot of LA. But when we would go out on caches, sometimes I would find places I never knew existed. Here everything is new, so it was less like finding a hidden treasure in my own city. Second, some of the parks here weren't very park-ish. Several butted right up against high schools, and many of these had baseball or soccer fields right next to the fence. Anyhow, we had a fun day despite the cold, and the one cache that we couldn't find but apparently missed somehow. We also found possibly the best hiding job we've seen since the great phone booth debacle a few years ago. Enjoy a few pictures!



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home