Sunday, February 10, 2008

The Windy City

This weekend I went to visit the windy city and the li'l sis and to go dress shopping for her maid of honor dress. We had moderate success - we found a dress, but it wasn't the color scheme I wanted, so I'm thinking it over for a few days before we proceed. Regardless, we had a great weekend of walking around, shopping, eating good foods, meeting and greeting her friends and just spending time together. She and I haven't lived in the same place since we were in high school, so the times we spend together are few and far between.

I had a great time this weekend, despite the weather being so cold I thought my face might fall off. Yesterday was just in the 30's, but today was 2 degrees and -25 with wind chill. Even coming home to Kansas wasn't much better as it was single digits this evening. I leave you with a few pictures, most of which include my Eskimo hood!




P.S. I also bought a crazy pair of boots from NorthFace. Normally $200, these were a steal at just over $100. One of Beth's friends saw them on me Saturday night and quipped: "Those are some serious boots... snow is afraid of them." May it be so!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger e said...

I've been drooling over those boots! I'm so jealous. :)

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home