Thursday, January 24, 2008

Let them eat cake.


Otherwise known as CAKE FOR BREAKFAST day.

I met my mom at 10am this morning at a cake studio in Sherman Oaks (Layers for those who are interested) to do a little cake tasting and choosing. We got to sample 7 DELICIOUS cakes (well ok I only tried 6, because the 7th was banana and I don't eat banana flavored cakes/pies/cookies/candy/etc.) The shop smelled like a sugary heaven. We got to look at books and books of cake, discuss the merits of butter cream versus fondant, and ultimately, to design my wedding cake. I don't want to spill all the details but it's going to be simple and elegant with a splash of color and fun. One more thing off the to-do list!

P.S. That's not a picture of my cake... just one that I liked.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home