Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Knitting Profession

So far I haven't found a job in KC. Not that I've been spending an inordinate amount of time looking, but I've applied for a few things and haven't heard back. In the mean time, I seem to have racked up quite a few samples to knit. So while I'm waiting to hear, I'm avoiding the cold weather and staying indoors and knitting (oh and catching up on tv too!)

This week I finished up some hand knit socks for A Mano Yarn Center. They're going to be teaching sock classes soon and wanted a few samples to show to the students. One of the best parts about this was that I got to knit a couple of different patterns - and only one sock each! So I took a beautiful ball of aqua and green Tofutsies and made one of my favorites.


The Pattern: Monkey Socks (by Cookie A., found on Knitty)
The Needles: Addi Size 0 (Magic Loop for me!)
The Specs: Top down, with heel flap. Calls for larger needles, but fits my tiny feet when knit on size 0's!

For the second sock I decided to try something new.


The Pattern: Double Eyelet Rib Socks by Wendy Johnson (of Wendy Knits!)
The Needles: Addi Size 0
The Specs: Toe-up (learned the Figure 8 cast on method!), gusseted heel. A pretty simple lace pattern - definitely good if you're new to socks!

I am very pleased with how both of these turned out and can't wait to put my own ball of pink/burgundy Tofutsies to use as well as my new sockblockers!

For now it's onto a sweet little baby cardigan for a LYS close to my house, Yarn Shop and More. For this one I'm using a beautiful new yarn, Nashua Handknits Sonora. Progress pictures to come!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home