Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Updates


Wow. I've got 10 million posts in my head and no time to post! Wes and I just returned from apartment/house-rental hunting today in Kansas City and I'm tired. We saw half a dozen places all over Kansas and Missouri. Sadly we only found one we were remotely interested in. On the other hand, we are now armed with knowledge of what areas we want to explore further and a whole other list to explore tomorrow. Hopefully by tomorrow night we'll at least have a pretty good idea where we'll be for the coming year.

On the knitting front I've actually finished a whole sweater since I've been on break, and I'm madly working on a wrap for one of my LA friends before I leave. I'll have pictures of both soon - as soon as I get these pics off my camera (darnit all if I didn't leave the cable at home!)

Otherwise we've been making New Year's Resolutions, seeing tons of movies, eating and relaxing. I'm enjoying the break very much, and it was with a special amount of glee that I woke up this morning still in Kansas, and not back at work! I'll save the movie reviews for another post, because we still have one more to watch. I'll get straight to the New Year's resolutions. In no particular order, I'm resolving in 2008 to:

  • Treat my body better. This comes in many parts. First: cut back on desserts and soda. I can do with significantly less in the coming year, especially if I hope to fit into my fabulous dress. I'm also resolving to exercise more. Especially in the coming months when it will be freezing outside and I'll be a home - I'm going to try and match the miles Wes runs with walking on his treadmill for equal amounts. We'll see where that goes.
  • To get ready for and enjoy my fabulous wedding and honeymoon. It's less than 8 months away now and I can't wait. Corollary: to not completely stress out about the wedding.
  • To find a job that I really love. For the past few years I've been working a job, going to school and trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up. I still don't know, but I want to have fun in whatever I do. I'm going to start by looking for knitting stores, and then maybe some temp work. And I'm going to keep trying until I get it right!
  • To learn to play guitar. I got a guitar for Christmas and I really want to get back into music. I don't care if I'm not very good at it, but I'd like to try and find out if it's something I really want to get more into.
  • To become more domestic. This I say, a little bit to my chagrin. Ramen and frozen pizza have been ok up until now, but it's time to start cooking delicious dishes for me and my family. Hopefully, armed with a crock pot and Wes' subscription to Cooking Light, I can slap together a few edible things before the year's end. I think this also includes a bit of cleaning, laundry, and other assorted chores. (Though shoveling the snow is ALL HIS!)


That's what I've come up with so far. Hope you all have enjoyed a wonderful New Year's and have your own resolutions in hand. I'll be back soon with the previously promised photos and movie reviews!

P.S. Bonus points to the person who can connect the picture to the subject of the post. Hint: I just learned about it after seeing National Treasure 2.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger e said...

Resolute desk, as in resolutions. :D

I saw it too... fun movie! :)

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home