Thursday, December 20, 2007

A pleasant work day.


Today is the last day of work before the holiday break (we're lucky enough to work for a University that gives us the days between Christmas and New Years off) and I have to say it's been a nice day. Half the people here are already off on vacation, so it's nice and quiet. The day started with presents from my bosses - a sudoku a day calendar and a gift card to a knitting store! Then I had lunch at my favorite sushi place with friends (it's a little like Cheers - the entire wait staff knows my name there) and our favorite waitress brought us some mochi at the end of the meal. Then it was back to work for December Birthday Cake celebration and the Director spoke a bit about my leaving and gave me some company swag. Now there's just an hour or so left to the day and then I'm on vacation until January 7!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Sigh... you just gave me a serious case of Irori nostalgia. It IS like Cheers... the sushi chefs might as well yell "Norm!" when Martin walks in the door.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Not to imply that Martin has anything in common with George Wendt.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home