Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I'm "going about as fer as I can go"


Well, after a long, uncomfortable fall it looks like Wes and I have resolved where we'll be in the New Year. If you're familiar with musicals, you'll recognize the title of this post as a song from the musical Oklahoma entitled Kansas City. I have a lot of emotions about this.

First of all I am relieved that we have pretty much come to a decision of what our future holds, mostly because I hate uncertainty. I am also excited that we will get to begin our life together (living together in the same city) and in a place that won't be as financially taxing as Los Angeles.

I am also frustrated that I couldn't make it work here in LA, sad that I am going to have to leave my family and friends, and really unsure how well I am going to do 1500 miles away from my support network.

I do, however, feel that this is the right move for Wes and me to be making right now. I'm already drowning financially in Los Angeles, and we need to be in a place where we can afford to start our life together. Wes has received a wonderful offer from a firm in Kansas City, an offer that will give me a little time to figure out exactly what it is I want to do and find the right job. It certainly isn't my first choice of places to live, but we have decided to give it a few years and see how it goes.

Current plans have him slated to start towards the end of January, and I'm aiming to be out of here around the same time. I'm still negotiating breaking my lease, and figuring out how to get all my belongings from here to there. Let's hope there are some great yarn stores in Kansas City because I have a feeling I'm in for some serious knitting and I'm going to need lots of warm sweaters!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger KnittingBlueContent said...

How neat on one hand (something new and different!) but scary on the other.

Good luck and I'll be eagerly anticipating all the news as it happens.

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home