Sunday, November 04, 2007

And here comes Monday.


This weekend provided a much needed respite after the long week last week (and in anticipation of this upcoming week). Saturday was a relaxing day at home with the family, working on the wedding Save the Date cards (thanks to Frogpod Letterpress for the printing!), and discussing wedding plans. I now have a whole new to-do list.

Saturday evening Mom, Dad and I went over to the Outback Steakhouse for dinner. Then Dad and I headed up to UCLA's Royce Hall to see The Tiger Lillies. I'd never heard of them before, but they have a huge cult following. The Tiger Lillies is a group of 3 musicians who are crude, absurd and inflammatory. The director of Royce Hall introduced the group as "the performance garnering the fastest complaints in Royce's 77 year history." And they did not disappoint! There were a few moments that were intensely uncomfortable (there's nothing like lust and hag, prostitute songs when you're sitting next to your father....) but it was an utterly enjoyable evening. My Scrine post sums it up perfectly:

One should not attend The Tiger Lillies concert if one is offended by crude comical opuses (opi?) on religion, bully boys and quite possibly kicking babies, and old ladies, down the stairs.

I actually did get quite a bit of knitting done this weekend, but most of it was on gifts for the holidays so I have very few pictures to share. I have included up top however, my contributions for week two of the San Diego 8" Fire Squares project. Now it's back to knitting and tv and praying to whomever can help me end this week as soon as possible.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ambaa said...

Your description of the musicians reminds me of the Poxy Boggarts. Have you listened to them?

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home