Monday, June 11, 2007

The Rage that is Pinkberry.


For those of you outside LA, you probably haven't even heard of Pinkberry. Pinkberry is the newest frozen yogurt rage, bringing back that 80's "fro-yo" craze. I'm all for frozen yogurt - my favorite spot to hit during Sunday night ice cream cravings is Penguin's for some coffee yogurt with fresh strawberries!

Lately all the stars have been spotted at Pinkberry, though (yes even Ms. Jailbird Hilton herself). What started as one little store in Hollywood with a 1 hour line out the door and down the block, is now springing up all over Los Angeles. So today, on a late lunch hour, I decided to venture into a Pinkberry and see what all the fuss was about.

I walked into the tiniest storefront I'd ever seen, but the cashier welcomed me to Pinkberry. There are two flavors of yogurt - original and green tea. I opted for a 5oz. original with FRESH blueberries. (other options included Mango, Strawberries, Pineapple, Coconut, Raspberries, Blackberries, Chocolate Chips, Granola... to name a few).

I have to say, I was impressed. The yogurt is a little sour and a little sweet - it tastes more like yogurt than ice cream. And yes it's creamy and light and chilly. And the fresh fruit is amazing. I didn't expect to like it so much, but I just might have to go back.

What can I say... I always wanted to be a star.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger caseyoconnell said...

Oooh, that sounds really yummy.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home