Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Forget raining... it's pouring.


Ok, so maybe it's a slight exaggeration, but they're not kidding in that old saying "when it rains, it pours." I got back to work today after a few days out (Friday for the seminar, Monday to deal with the glasses) and my desk was a mess. There were tons of loose ends to tie up, and the sponsor on one of the projects is doing a site visit on Thursday, so I'm awash in agendas and catering and reports and presentations.

Which makes the unexpected phone call from the credit card company (the work expense cards) so annoying. Apparently my reimbursements to the credit card are tied up in bureaucratic hell. So I was politely informed by the woman at GE Capital that my credit card payments are 60 days overdue and my card is now suspended. She then asks me when they might expect payment. Hmmm... well the last expense report I filed was over 3 weeks ago, so I haven't a clue where it is or why it hasn't been paid. And now the caterer is calling me telling me that my credit card won't go through so I have to transfer the charges to my personal card. ARGH! Sometimes ya gotta hate the establishment.

Other than that, I suppose nothing is really wrong. Just lots of really aggravating little bits that make me wish I was able to stay home sick today. And these glasses are really annoying me - I'm still in my old pair and the world is just too damn blurry for my liking. My patience is already wearing thin... let's hope those new ones come back early.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nadine said...

Oh, you don't want your credit card stuff lost in bureaucratic chaos. I hope you'll get is straightened out soon!

5:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home