Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Songs to Strip To


As I've mentioned in a few of my recent posts (found here), I have started a pole dancing class. We just finished week three tonight.

So far I've learned the following:

* It's not easy to support your body weight on a pole.
* Because of this, there's a LOT of strength training that we're doing.
* Ergo, I suddenly feel muscles I didn't know I had or could use.
* Further, those of us who aren't totally coordinated should be wary of said pole.
* Beyond the strength training and the pole, there's also DANCING.

Which brings me to the topic of this post. Each class we are supposed to bring some music to dance to. As I've quickly learned, the songs you know and love are the best ones to dance to. You know the ones I mean - the songs that rev your engines and make you want to dance around the house. The songs you want playing in a dark club while you're with someone you want to rub up against. The songs that scream sex.

So far, I've identified the following as good songs for this activity:

* Kiss Me by Shelley Fairchild
* Say it Right by Nelly Furtado
* Letting the Cables Sleep (remix version of a Bush Song)
* Wicked by Chris Isaak

Songs that don't have appropriate lyrics but turn me on nonetheless:

* Crash by Dave Matthews Band
* Pain by Three Days Grace

Your turn. What would you dance to if you had the chance?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger ndef said...

"Crash" doesn't have sexually-appropriate lyrics? I beg to differ.

9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home