Monday, November 13, 2006

Still Alive


The end of last week was pretty disheartening for me. I'm not going to go into the details, but suffice it to say that I found out that there isn't going to be a career for me in my current organization. Slightly worse, I'm being asked to do a lot of things that I've never been asked to do before, and most of them aren't good.

On the other hand, I think this was the kick in the pants that I needed to start taking control of my career and figuring out what my next step is. Given that I've made that choice, all of a sudden the work issues don't seem so hard to bear. Today I have been really productive. There is just something about knowing that I have a way out now that makes me want to get my work done, keep my head down and wait for the right time to leave.

So essentially that's the long way of saying, I'm looking for a new job and I'll take any suggestions I can get.

More updates tonight when I can photograph my knitting from the weekend.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home