Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Remembering Rummy


Since Rumsfeld is on his way out, and given my love of ridiculous quotes, I figured it was high time to pay tribute to Rummy and his words of wisdom.

Memorable Quotes by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld

"I would not say that the future is necessarily less predictable than the past. I think the past was not predictable when it started."

"We do know of certain knowledge that he [Osama Bin Laden] is either in Afghanistan, or in some other country, or dead."

"I believe what I said yesterday. I don't know what I said, but I know what I think, and, well, I assume it's what I said."

"Needless to say, the President is correct. Whatever it was he said."

"Reports that say that something hasn't happened are always interesting to me, because as we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

"Well, um, you know, something's neither good nor bad but thinking makes it so, I suppose, as Shakespeare said."

"I'm not into this detail stuff. I'm more concepty."

"I don't do quagmires."

"I don't do diplomacy."

"I don't do foreign policy."

"I don't do numbers."

"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't, I'll just respond, cleverly."


More delectable morsels here.

This entry brought to you by the Los Angeles Liberals for Liberating Rummy (i.e. Me, a.k.a. one pissed off Democrat)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home