Tuesday, July 18, 2006

School Books


school-books
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
I could write many a diatribe on school books. I could argue vociferously about the price of today's text books and the burden this places on students. I could speak loquaciously about professors who require you to purchase multiple text books for a class, and then never actually assign anything from them. I could rail vehemently against all the text book buy back programs that pay you less than half what you paid for that book, even if it's in good condition.

But I won't.

Instead I'll tell you what I just did.

I'm pretty much a big dork, as I have stated before. I'm the student that tries to get all of the reading done before class, no matter how pointless I think it may be. I'm the one who always does the homework, even if it isn't going to be collected. In short, I'm a big nerd.

So today I sold one of my text books on Amazon. For a class that doesn't end for 3.5 more weeks.

And I sold it for more than I bought it for.

In between my chuckles, I am debating my capitalistic "pig-ness". But I'm almost $40 richer and I have one less book to pack. And "senioritis" has kicked in, full swing.

This was one of my better ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home