Sunday, July 16, 2006

Just call me Dora...


Knitting 'n Movies
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
Well, another weekend has passed. I have to say I'm eager to be done with classes, moved and settled in, and I could use a vacation from work. Since only 1 out of 3 is on the horizon, I'm less than thrilled with the impending week.

That said, I enjoyed a few movies and some good knitting time this weekend. You can see my knitting progress to the right - I'm still not quite in the groove yet, but the blanket is coming along.

The movies:

Cutthroat Island - This was a swashbuckling adventure movie starring Geena Davis as a pirate. I was skeptical but in Wes' words "Wow she's a really good pirate!"

The Libertine - This was a dark and baudy look at a poet under King Charles. It was pretty graphic and pretty dark and depressing, but we both thought it was well done. Johnny Depp, John Malkovich, Samantha Morton and even the cast of coupling (Richard Coyle!) made this a great film.

Antonia's Line - This was a charming foreign film (Dutch I think...) about a woman who returns to her childhood home upon her mother's death. They live in a small village and it is here she raises her daughter, and the family grows generationally. It wasn't a serious movie, but it was a light way to end the weekend.

As for the title: I met my group at Starbucks in Encino today. (That alone is a story for later...) When I went up to order food they wrote Dora on my cup.

1 Comments:

Blogger Surreal Weasel said...

Actually, I believe I said the guy that was playing Dawg Brown (Frank Langella) was a convincing pirate. The comments I made about Gena Davis was that she had oddly well defined bone structure in her face, and something about the corset she was wearing.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home