Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I HEART Starbucks.


Tangerine Frappuccino
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
I know Starbucks is the evil coffee empire that is driving out the independent coffee shops. I know this. And yet I am utterly powerless to resist.

See Starbucks knows how to suck you in. Last week I was innocently minding my own business, when I received a post card in the mail inviting me to try the new Starbucks Tangerine Frappuccino for FREE. I was intrigued (much more so than when they tried to get me to try the Green Tea Frappuccino - that was a definite ICK).

Anyhow, as I was saying. They entice you with the free stuff. So yesterday I decided that I would breakfast at Starbucks for my free drink, and as a bonus I had a few Starbucks Dollars left on a card so I would get a scone to munch.

No sooner had I ordered my tasty frothy cool beverage than the barista mentioned that my receipt would have a survey on it. And if I went to the website and took this survey.... I would get ANOTHER FREE BEVERAGE!

So yeah, I went back this morning and got another Tangerine Frappuccino (so light, a bit sweet and perfect for waking up to!) and another scone (on my Starbucks Dollars card). I'm not sure how they plan to make money off of me, since I mostly go when I have freebie coupons, but I'm tastily appreciative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home