Sunday, July 09, 2006

Gromit Knits, and so do I.


Gromit Knits
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
Just got done watching "Wallace and Gromit: Curse of the Were-Rabbit" I would HIGHLY recommend it. It was silly, but I love me some Wallace & Gromit.

And better yet, Gromit actually knits!

Apparently so do I. I decided that today was the day I was going to fix the center part of the new blanket. So I gathered up my courage and took some scissors to the middle. It was pretty scary, but nothing fell apart.

I removed all traces of the old black yarn, and started with 3 DPNs and and a fresh black strand. Slowly I filled it in sort of gathering the stichest of the raspberry and green to close up the center. I'm not 100% happy with how it came out, but I was trying to avoid ripping things out and working backwards.

The final result after more knitting is what you see in the lower right. Unfortunately this yarn just isn't giving the way I would like it to. What you see is stretched out and pinned to keep it taut. In reality it bunches up. I'm undecided on whether I'm going to continue this or frog the project.

Augh I HATE knitting failures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home