Saturday, July 08, 2006

Summer Reading Program Book 5

The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield

This is the mystery and spiritual discovery of a man from the US who journies to Peru to unlock the secrets contained in a Manuscript that has been found. He is immediately plunged into a world of coincidences, energy and danger that makes him open his mind to what he thinks he knows of the world. As the book goes on he begins to discover the answer to the age old question: what is the meaning of life?

I thought this book was an interesting read - it held my attention and made me want to read more. What I am unsure of is if this is a book designed to have the reader gain greater spirituality or if it simply offers one explanation on what really is the true meaning of life. I could follow the book on its quest for great human connection and spirituality, but less so on its ties into religion. Nevertheless it was a really interesting read. I would recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home