Sunday, July 02, 2006

Coupling


Coupling
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
I've been spending most of this weekend watching DVDs of Coupling, the British Comedy. I wasn't sure I was going to like it, but this cracks me up. A few of my favorite quotes:

*****
Susan: Sally, for once in your life, why not appreciate a man for what he is, not what you can make him into?
Sally: I'm going to do that. Of course I'm going to do that.
Susan: Good.
Jane: So, when can we meet him?
Sally: When he's finished.

*****
Jeff: When God made the arse, he didn't say, 'Hey, it's just your basic hinge, let's knock off early.' He said, 'Behold ye angels, I have created the arse. Throughout the ages to come, men and women shall grab hold of these, and shout my name!

*****
Jane: Friendship's more lasting than love, and more legal than stalking.

*****
Steve: [about what Jeff said to Audrey Watkins at his flat warming party] The worst chat-up line in the history of sex "You're so beautiful you should be embalmed".

*****
Jeff: Do you know what would be the best way to wipe out all of human kind if you were a space alien with a special kind of mind ray..? Make all women telepathic. Because if they suddenly found out about the kind of stuff that goes on in our heads they would kill us all on the spot. Men are not people - we are disgustoids in human form.

1 Comments:

Blogger sim said...

and my fav quote.

'Im sorry but it's just not possible for men to form an opinion on curtains or wall paper."

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home