Sunday, July 02, 2006

Summer Reading Program Book #4

The Book of the Dead by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child

This book was given to me by WineGuy and I have to say, I powered through it in 2.5 days. It was engaging, and reminded me quite a bit of The Da Vinci Code in its adventure, quick moving plot and intellectual feel. The story begins in the Museum of Natural History in New York, where a great jewel heist has taken place. This coincides with a huge donation from a mysterious benefactor to reopen a long forgotten Eyptian tomb as an exhibit. What follows is a story full of twists and turns and traps much like the Egyptian tombs themselves.

Unfortunately, it is the newest book in a somewhat disjointed series that features a number of characters. While I certainly think this book can be enjoyed in its own right, I can't wait to read some of the many others to fill in bits and pieces on the characters. That said, I would highly recommend the authors and the book as an exciting read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home