Monday, June 19, 2006

Finally a post that's not about knitting!


Sahara
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
It's about my next favorite hobby: movies.

This weekend brought some interesting flicks.

* Sahara - The date night movie this week was Sahara. This was an action-packed movie with some wry humor that we both really liked. Interesting premise and well executed. Definitely a good rental!

* The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants - I hadn't read the book and wasn't expecting much from this cute little chick flick, but I was pleasantly surprised. All the girls acted well, and the story was pretty sweet.

* In the Line of Fire - I'd actually seen bits and pieces of this Clint Eastwood/Rene Russo/John Malkovich movie on TV several times, but it was in my free OnDemand section so it made a good knitting background late last night.

* HurlyBurly - Maybe this just wasn't my type of movie, but I didn't like it at all. It had a great cast (Sean Penn, Robin Wright Penn, Kevin Spacey) but I just didn't see the point. It was a bunch of people who drank and did most every drug available and then argued incessantly over philosophies of life. Not a plus on my list.

* Five Easy Pieces - Another free OnDemand offering. I had to watch this early Jack Nicholson movie for the famous restaurant scene where he tries to order toast from a waitress who keeps pointing at the no substitutions sign (while saying toast isn't on the menu). Nicholson, exasperated, finally screams "I'll take a chicken salad sandwich hold the lettuce, mayo, tomato, and hold the chicken!" Otherwise I found it to be a 70's movie that just didn't resonate with me since it wasn't my era.

That's it for today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home