Monday, June 19, 2006

Mongolia or Bust!


Mongolia or Bust!
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
This weekend I set up a new knitting challenge for myself - 2 scarves and matching hats for the Dulaan Project.

The good news is that I finished the first one (the stash-busting stripey one up top).

I also made great progress on the one on the bottom using stash yarn from my mother-in-law-to-be. However, you might notice the tell-tale needle sticking out under the bottom scarf. I have a bit more work to do before I send this package off.

Goals for this week:

* Finish Dulaan Scarf and hit the post office by Friday!
* Finish Warming Grace Squares - I've got 4 and am trying for 6. Hit the post office by Friday!
* Fix that damn embarassing sock/toe problem.
* Birthday gift for coworker - scarf or socks?
* Work on the blanket... you know - this one.
* Oh yeah...work, homework, a new book?

Also wanted to share my new love for big ass DPNs. When I got the idea for making a hat I went looking for patterns. I wanted something that I could knit up quickly on big needles, but I realized that I have no short circular needles. Enter the thickest set of DPNs I've ever seen. Talk about poking an eye out! However, I discovered something. Knitting on DPNs is the best - there are no seams. Only two ends to weave in! (Unless of course you're silly like me and start striping new colors every few rows....)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home