Monday, June 19, 2006

Camo knitting for a cause.


Bernat Camo
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
My fiance often remarks how taken the world is by camo (camouflage) print clothing, and how useless this color scheme is for anything but its actual intended use. I always find this amusing.

So I was interested to read a snippet over at Crazy Aunt Purl about a local group providing some support for for people who have a use for camo - our US soldiers overseas - Operation Gratitude. Quite simply, Operation Gratitude has started a major campaign to send care packages to soldiers overseas. They've already sent over 150,000 packages!

Regardless of how you feel about this war, this is a cause to get behind. Lo and behold on the wish list of items was a request for knitted hats and gloves. (See? I'm getting to the camo...)

So there you have it! My next knitting challenge: knit up some camo hats (courtesy of Bernat camo yarn!) and send them overseas for the Winter packages. Anyone interested in joining me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home