Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Clarification and Unsolicited Advice.

It has come to my attention that something I wrote a few days back has apparently been misunderstood.

A few days ago I wrote an entry entitled Emotional Roller Coaster. In this entry I professed that I was 99% happy in my romantic life, but that the 1% unhappiness stemmed from the 2000+ miles that are between my fiance and me approximately 48 weeks of the year.

So let me clarify. I LOVE my fiance and I LOVE our relationship. I hate that we are far apart, but the 1% unhappy does not mean that I'm unhappy with him or how we handle our relationship at a distance. It just means I would rather we both live in the same metropolitan area and get to see each other every day (or at the least more often than we do).

Which brings me to my next point: unsolicited advice. I read plenty of blogs where people vent their frustrations and receive a ton of unsolcited advice. So far I have been pretty lucky on that front. Normally I distinguish when I want advice.

That said, I received this book yesterday. I can only assume that the (well-intentioned) gifter thought I was complaining that my relationship was in some way inadequate and needed help.

Which was not in any way what I was saying.

So I thumbed through this yesterday and read some of the suggestions:

  • Learn How to Have Phone Sex: This is going to be TMI, but let me say after two years apart we have this one covered.
  • Learn how to prepare for "The Visit"
  • Develop Romantic Routines: This is our Saturday night "movie date" to a T.
  • Take Turns Visiting Each Other: Done.

    And finally:

  • Determine Whether Your Relationship Will Go The Distance: We're engaged, looking for places to live together, and starting to plan the wedding. I think I'm there.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

For a correction and extensive commentary, read my blog entry. With it, I am done trying.

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home